Making my Mouth water – Said Teen
- 200g/7 1/4oz unsalted butter
- 200g/7 1/4oz demerara sugar
- 100g/3 1/2oz honey
- 100g/3 1/2oz Caramel
- 50g/ 1 3/4oz salted caramel sauce (optional)
- 400g/14 1/4oz porridge oats
- 50g/1 3/4oz nuts, dried fruits or glacé ginger, chopped or desiccated coconut (optional)
- You will also need a 20cm x 30cm (8in x 12in) cake tin, greased
- Put the butter, sugar, caramel and honey in a saucepan and heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Add the oats and nuts, fruit, ginger or coconut, if using, and mix well.
- Transfer the oat mixture to the prepared cake tin and spread to about 2cm (¾in) thick. Smooth the surface with the back of a spoon. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C/350F/Gas 4 for 30 minutes, until lightly golden around the edges, but still slightly soft in the middle. Let cool in the tin, then turn out and cut into squares.
Another successful flapjack in my house
linking with TheBoyandMe