Today’s recipe is chicken curry inspired by Jamie Oliver, I asked on twitter which recipe and this was chosen by the Lovely Fiona from Coombe Mill, I am posting a series if recipes slightly adapted from, Jamie’s website, yesterday was Fruit Crumble
- Pinch of Chili Flakes
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pinch paprika
- ½ tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 tsp of dried Corinader
- 400 g diced chicken breast,
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground coriander
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 400 g tinned plum tomatoes
- 100 ml plain yoghurt
- 50 ml single cream
- Put the chilli, garlic and vegetable oil in the food processor.
- Add the paprika, garam masala and tomato puree, plus the coriander and blitz again to form a paste.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl, coat them with the marinade. Jamie recommends leaving over night
- In a frying pan heat a little vegetable oil, on a medium heat,
- fry the onion, peppers and spices in the pan.
- Cook gently for 10 minutes then add the tin of tomatoes and the yoghurt.
- Add the chicken pieces ( I personally fry these first in a separate pan) and simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked.
- Just before serving, stir through the cream and chopped coriander leaves.