Candy Cane Lollipops with Hadleigh Maid Chocolate.
I have seen this idea on pinterest quite a lot and as I am again fundraising for Everton in the Community at a Christmas Fair soon, I have been looking at fundraising ideas.
So easy to make, I made them whilst little man was out with his support worker but I know he will be helping me with them in the future, the chocolate tempered easily and quickly at a gentle heat (never boil the chocolate, whatever chocolate it needs to break down gently).
- Lollipop Sticks
- Candy Canes
- White Chocolate buttons
- Bag to wrap them in
- Place the candy canes into a heart shape on some baking parchment
- Place a lollipop stick at the end of the hearts some within the area the chocolate will go to ensure it holds
- Melt the chocolate slowly (hold back a few buttons)
- When the chocolate has almost melted remove from the heat and stir until smooth
- Add the extra buttons and keep stirring to allow them melt also.
- Once you are certain the chocolate has tempered, slowly fill the heart with chocolate ( I helped to fill the gaps using the back of a teaspoon)
- Lift the lollipop stick slightly to enable some chocolate to wrap around it (this helps strengthen the final product)
- Sprinkle some crushed candy cane onto the chocolate
- Allow to set
- Place in a bag
Hadleigh Maid asked if I wish to review their baking buttons, I looked them up and loved the Ethos
- Honestly made.
- Crafted with integrity.
Down here in Suffolk we have always had a good honest passion for chocolate.
The team have spent years perfecting the tempering process to achieve the taste, smoothness and quality. A chocolate button that is easy to melt, perfect for baking and yet smooth enough for snacking.
The baking buttons come in 350g bags, in three variants: white, milk and dark chocolate. With no additives, gluten free, nothing unnatural, just real chocolate.
The packaging is quite unique for what I have seen previously, it has a great roll up/down and fastens with little tabs either side to ensure freshness and storage capabilities making it easy to store
The RRP is £3.99 for 350g bag and is available online (from mid November) at HadleighMaid.
They also have a personalised service, I would love those 40gm bars with my fundraising Logo on.
You could also win a beautiful set, similar to below just click the link above
and a finally note…..I do not keep eating the white buttons, honestly 😉
“I am a member of the Netmums Blogging Network, a unique community of parent bloggers from around the UK who have been handpicked by the Netmums team to review products and brands on their behalf. I may have been paid expenses, and have been supplied with a product sample for this review, but retain all editorial control. All my Netmums Reviews will display the Netmums logo within the post.”
This is a Netmum’s sponsored review.To find out more click the button: