As many will know its my daughters 18th today and you can see how she has grown here, I made her a Special 18th Birthday cake.
A 3 layer with chocolate and vanilla sponge and chocolate ganache. (recipes below)
The cakes secret was My Daughters main present was hidden inside.
- 4 eggs
- 8 ozs self raising flour
- 8 ozs soft butter
- 8 ozs caster sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Little milk
- Heat oven at gas mark 4Grease tin (I was using an 8 inch square)Mix sugar and butter in a mixer until soft and creamy
- Slowly add eggs and vanilla until mixed well
- Add flour a bit at a time
- Add mix to tin
- Cook for 40 mins or until golden
- Leave to cool
Need Chocolate Cake
- 8 ozs self-raising flour5 tbsp cocoa powder2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 8 ozs caster sugar4 large eggs, beaten
- 300 ml sunflower oil
- 300 ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4. Grease two 23cm round cake tins with removable bases and line with parchment paper.
- Add flour Sugar, cocoa, and bi carb and mix well
- Add other ingredients and Beat together with the mixer until you have a smooth mixture.
- Spoon the cake batter into the lined tins and bake for 45–50 minutes, or until risen and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before transferring to a wire rack until completely cool